The Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island County is seeking an Executive Director for the Quad City International Airport (MLI). The Executive Director is responsible for the overall business and financial administration, planning, operations, and development of the airport. MLI is a public airport in Rock Island County, Illinois, three miles south of Moline and is the third busiest commercial airport in Illinois.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the airport and work is performed under the general direction and in close coordination with the Board of Commissioners through the Chair of the Board. The Executive Director exercises considerable independent and responsible judgement and provides oversight, coordination, direction and development of Airport Strategic Plan, Airport Layout Plan, business policies, and procedures and ensures compliance with the by-laws of the Metropolitan Airport Authority. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this position establishes and maintains effective working relationships with Federal, State and local officials and the public. The Executive Director also serves as President of QCIA Airport Services, LLC and is responsible for management, planning and operations of the LLC.
- An undergraduate degree in Aviation Administration, Public Administration or closely related field or equivalent experience in a related field that provides the appropriate level of knowledge and exposure necessary to perform duties.
- Thorough working knowledge of regulations, laws, and requirements that correlate to administering the functions of a commercial service airport.
- Professional certification in aviation administration is a plus.
- A personal, criminal, and employment background check is required for this position.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary range is $165,000 – 225,000 DOE and eligible for incentive bonus depending on performance. An excellent benefits package is provided including a defined benefit pension program, vehicle allowance and relocation benefits. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: March 9, 2018